Human Risk Management Forum

Featured Post

• Profile Picture

Welcome to the Community!

Welcome to the Living Security Community, and THANK YOU for coming to share your stories. Whether you're brand new to security awareness training and ...

Trending Threads

Please login to see all eligible discussion postings

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Shared Resources

Log in to see this information: Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Latest Q&A

Please login to see all eligible question postings.

Kim_Parham_2.png

Kim_Parham.jpg

Welcome to our new series, the Living Security Community Member Spotlight. Each month, we'll pick a highly engaged Community member to spotlight so we can get to know each other better. This month, the spotlight is on Kim Parham from Yum! Brands. Congratulations, Kim—with the Spotlight comes a Living Security Swag Pack, a $25 gift card, and a special Community badge.  🥇  Email me if you'd like to be in the Spotlight! In the meantime, enjoy getting to know Kim. 😍

Jenny:  Hi Kim, thank you for being so engaged in the Community. Will you tell us a bit about yourself? 
Kim:  The mountains of North Carolina are where I grew up and lived most of my life, except for eight years where I lived on an island in Southeast Alaska (no snakes!). I moved to Kentucky in 2016 where I continue to enjoy outdoor life, beautiful scenery and traveling around the US. I enjoy growing things and supporting native habitat for bees, butterflies and birds.

Jenny: How did you find a career in cybersecurity awareness?
Kim: My career in cybersecurity was not planned, but somehow evolved in that direction. It’s far from the Interior Designer I thought I wanted to be!  A background in Human Resources led to a position supporting an extensive Document Management project, then becoming Records Manager, which fell under various departments at one time or another, including Finance and Information Technology. In IT, I collaborated with vendors and supported users in evaluating platforms, instituting security solutions and maintaining admin system consoles. After transitioning to a new employer in an Information Compliance role, I found myself in the midst of change again during organization restructuring, to a role largely focusing on Security Awareness.

Jenny: That's awesome, and we're glad you're here! What have you found valuable in the Community so far? 
Kim: Being part of the Living Security Community brings value in a time where we may feel isolated in a role. Security Awareness is sometimes thought of as non-technical, not underneath the cybersecurity umbrella.  Recently, there have been signs of inclusion and progress for Security Awareness. It’s great having a place where others understand the role - for recognition, for sharing and to be supportive!

Thank you for being the first to brave the Spotlight @kim! 🔦🥇

Jenny Kinney
Client Engagement and Communications Manager
Living Security