Human Risk Management Forum

View Only

Trending Threads

Please login to see all eligible discussion postings

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Every month, we pick a highly engaged Community member to be in our Living Security Member Spotlight. This month, the spotlight is on Wendy Battles from Yale University.  

Congratulations, Wendy—with the Spotlight comes an exclusive Living Security Community swag pack, a $25 gift card, and a special Community Member Spotlight badge to add to your collection.

Jenny: Hi, Wendy! Please tell us a bit about yourself. 

Wendy: I’m a true Northeasterner. I grew up in New Jersey and now live in Connecticut. Although I lived in the Midwest as a teenager and young adult, living near NYC brings me joy. I love museums, live music, theater, and restaurants. I’m a foodie, home chef, and avid traveler. I love to entertain and build community. Given the pandemic, building community and staying connected is more important than ever. I can’t wait to start traveling again when it’s safe – I’m eager to scope out retirement possibilities in Portugal!

Jenny: How did you find a career in cybersecurity?

Wendy: Like many others, I fell into cybersecurity awareness unintentionally. I have a background in organizational change management and worked in IT at Yale for 10 years before making the shift. I shine at speaking, communicating, training, collaborating, cheerleading, inspiring, and making behavior change fun. Cybersecurity awareness is a natural extension of my passions and skills. It’s proved to be a fabulous fit and I adore standing up our first-ever cybersecurity awareness program.

Jenny: What do you find valuable about the Living Security Community? 

Wendy: I love how open and forthcoming our LS community is. So many great ideas and dialogue to spur my thinking. The community reminds me that no matter where you may be in your cybersecurity awareness journey, there’s something for everyone. Opportunities to ask, learn and grow abound!

Jenny: Please share a bit about the podcast you've created. 

Wendy: When I’m not building our cybersecurity awareness community at Yale, my greatest joy is podcasting! I love to celebrate and illuminate midlife and older women. I host the Reinvention Rebels podcast – inspiring stories of brave and unapologetic women 50+, who have reinvented themselves in bold ways. I interview women like Carolyn who STARTED her modeling career at 72! In our complicated and uncertain world, I love sharing these positive messages and adding more light to the world. Also, I’m super excited about the launch of our cybersecurity awareness podcast at Yale later this year.

Email me if you'd like to be in the Spotlight! In the meantime, please check out Wendy's podcast and/or connect with her on LinkedIn.

POLL - UPDATE CADENCE

Shared Resources

Log in to see this information: Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Featured Post

• Profile Picture

Welcome to the Community!

Welcome to the Living Security Community, and THANK YOU for coming to share your stories. Whether you're brand new to security awareness training and ...

Latest Q&A

Please login to see all eligible question postings.